Effective Date: January 24, 2022
- Personal Data
- How We Share Your Personal Data
- Tracking Tools, Advertising and Opt-Out
- Data Security and Retention
- Personal Data of Children
- California Resident Rights
- Other State Law Privacy Rights
- Contact Information
Categories of Personal Data We Collect
This paragraph details the categories of Personal Data that we collect and have collected over the past 12 months:
Profile data. When you create an Account, complete your Account profile, sign up for a mailing list, or otherwise communicate or interact with us, we may collect information from you, such as your name, phone number, e-mail address.
Payment information. When you submit an order, you are required to provide payment information. For example, the last four digits of your credit card number, credit card type, expiration number, and default currency. For corporate Accounts that are using the service “Allset for Teams”, we may also have corporate credit card numbers or other payment account numbers. We use this payment information to fulfill your order, complete the transaction, detect and prevent fraud.
Transaction information. When you submit an order, we collect information, including the items purchased, date and time of your transaction, special instructions, and Allset credits you redeem as part of our loyalty, rewards or referral program. We use this transaction information to fulfill your order, update your Allset credits balance, personalize your experience, detect and prevent fraud, perform analytics/identify usage trends, and inform our advertising and marketing.
Location Data. With your permission, we may access your geo-location information, postal or zip code, and country. This information is generally collected from you and is used to provide you with a seamless experience by showing nearby Restaurants (defined below).
Communications, Participation and other content. We maintain all communications resulting from your interactions with us by email, phone, mail or chat. When you respond to our surveys or take part in our promo campaigns, we also record your comments. We use all of the foregoing communications to address your questions, issues and concerns, and to provide other related customer support services. We also use it for safety and security purposes, and for analytics.
Technical Data. For example, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, Device ID or MAC address, information about the manufacturer, model, settings, and operating system of your mobile device, and application version. This information is collected from you and third parties.
Other personal information you provide. Allset may collect your dietary preferences and allergies to provide a personalized experience to you and customize Restaurant and food types based on your preferences.
Categories of Sources of Personal Data
We collect Personal Data about you from the following categories of sources:
When you provide such information directly to us.
- When you create an account or use our interactive tools and Services.
- When you voluntarily provide information in free-form text boxes through the Services or through responses to surveys or questionnaires.
- When you send us an email or otherwise contact us.
When you use the Services and such information is collected automatically.
- Through Cookies (defined in the “Tracking Tools, Advertising and Opt-Out” section below).
- If you download our mobile application or use a location-enabled browser, we may receive information about your order history, location and mobile device, as applicable.
- If you download and install certain applications and software we make available, we may receive and collect information transmitted from your computing device for the purpose of providing you the relevant Services, such as information regarding when you are logged on and available to receive updates or alert notices.
- When you provide such information directly to us.
- We may use analytics providers to analyze how you interact and engage with the Services, or third parties may help us provide you with customer support.
- We receive information about you from some of our vendors who assist us with marketing or promotional services related to how you interact with our websites, applications, products, Services, advertisements or communications.
- If you provide your social network account credentials to us or otherwise sign in to the Services through a third-party site or service, some content and/or information in those accounts may be transmitted into your account with us.
Our Commercial or Business Purposes for Collecting Personal Data
Providing, Customizing, Developing and Improving the Services. We may use your information to provide, improve, develop and maintain the platform and Services. It includes:
- Creating and managing your account or otherwise use the Platform and Services.
- Providing you with the products, services or information you request (e.g. to allow you to order from Restaurants).
- Improving the Services, including testing, research, internal analytics and product development.
- Personalizing the Services, website content and communications based on your preferences.
- Doing fraud protection, security and debugging.
- Carrying out other business purposes stated when collecting your Personal Data or as otherwise set forth in applicable data privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”).
Providing, Personalizing, Improving and Measuring our Marketing and Advertising. We may use your personal information to provide, improve, personalize, measure and improve our marketing and advertising. For example, we may use your information to:
- Manage and determine the effectiveness of our Services, surveys, rewards, promotional campaigns and other promotional activities.
- Inform you of products, promotions and services that we believe may be of interest to you, including, without limitation, through emails and push notifications.
- Showing you advertisements, including interest-based or online behavioral advertising.
Corresponding with You. We may use your personal information to provide you with support and assistance for the Services. For example:
- Responding to correspondence that we receive from you, contacting you when necessary or requested, and sending you information about Allset or the Services.
- Communicating important messages regarding your orders, account, rewards, etc. Sending you service-related emails or text messages (e.g. user Account verification, order status updates, technical and security notices) and other communications from Allset.
- Sending emails and other communications according to your preferences or that display content that we think will interest you.
- Sharing your contact information with Restaurants, so that they may correspond with you.
Meeting Legal Requirements and Enforcing Legal Terms.
- Fulfilling our legal obligations under applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal process, such as preventing, detecting and investigating security incidents and potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
- Protecting the rights, property or safety of you, Allset or another party.
- Enforcing any agreements with you.
- Responding to claims that any posting or other content violates third-party rights.
- Resolving disputes.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Data or use the Personal Data we collected for materially different, unrelated or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
How We Share Your Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Data to the categories of service providers and other parties listed in this section. Depending on state laws that may be applicable to you, some of these disclosures may constitute a “sale” of your Personal Data. For more information, please refer to the state-specific sections below.
- Restaurants. We share personal information to the retail food establishments (including restaurants, delis, bakeries, and coffee shops, together “Restaurants”) you order from and, if applicable, with third parties engaged by those Restaurants (e.g. point of sale providers), as needed, to fulfill your orders, or communicate with you about the status of your order, cancel items or any other issues related to your order. If you place an order at Restaurant that offers loyalty or rewards programs, we may disclose your personal information to the Restaurant to facilitate your participation in the Restaurant's loyalty or rewards program.
- Service Providers. These parties help us provide the Services or perform business functions on our behalf. For example, hosting, technology and communication providers, security and fraud prevention consultants, support and customer service vendors, email delivery services, advertising and marketing, and other similar services. These third-party service providers usually have access to your Personal Information only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf and are generally obligated not to disclose or use your Personal Information for any other purpose.
- Analytics Partners. We may share your personal information with third-party analytics providers to better understand, personalize, improve and enhance our Services. companies that track how users found or were referred to the Services and companies that track how users interact with the Services.
- Business Partners. We may share your personal information with companies, including but not limited to Restaurants we partner with to offer joint promotional offers and opportunities.
- Parties You Authorize, Access or Authenticate. For example, third parties you access through the services, social media services, other Allset users.
We may share any Personal Data that we collect with third parties in conjunction with any of the activities set forth under “Meeting Legal Requirements and Enforcing Legal Terms” in the “Our Commercial or Business Purposes for Collecting Personal Data” section above.
All of your Personal Data that we collect may be transferred to a third party if we undergo a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other transaction in which that third party assumes control of our business (in whole or in part). Should one of these events occur, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you before your information becomes subject to different privacy and security policies and practices.
Data that is Not Personal Data
We may create aggregated, de-identified or anonymized data from the Personal Data we collect, including by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to a particular user. We may use such aggregated, de-identified or anonymized data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze, build and improve the Services and promote our business, provided that we will not share such data in a manner that could identify you.
Tracking Tools, Advertising and Opt-Out
We use the following types of Cookies:
- Essential Cookies Essential Cookies are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. For example, certain Cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Services. Disabling these Cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
- Functional Cookies Functional Cookies are used to record your choices and settings regarding our Services, maintain your preferences over time and recognize you when you return to our Services. These Cookies help us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Retargeting/Advertising Cookies Retargeting/Advertising Cookies collect data about your online activity and identify your interests so that we can provide advertising that we believe is relevant to you.
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies through your internet browser’s settings. Most browsers have an option for turning off the Cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new Cookie in a variety of ways. You can also delete all Cookies that are already on your device. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit our website and some of the Services and functionalities may not work.
To explore what Cookie settings are available to you, look in the “preferences” or “options” section of your browser’s menu. To find out more information about Cookies, including information about how to manage and delete Cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Information about Interest-Based Advertisements:
We may serve advertisements, and also allow third-party ad networks, including third-party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms, to serve advertisements through the Services. These advertisements may be targeted to users who fit certain general profile categories or display certain preferences or behaviors (“Interest-Based Ads”). Information for Interest-Based Ads (including Personal Data) may be provided to us by you, or derived from the usage patterns of particular users on the Services and/or services of third parties. Such information may be gathered through tracking users’ activities across time and unaffiliated properties, including when you leave the Services. To accomplish this, we or our service providers may deliver Cookies, including a file (known as a “web beacon”) from an ad network to you through the Services. Web beacons allow ad networks to provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for us and for advertisers. Web beacons also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites. Web beacons allow ad networks to view, edit or set their own Cookies on your browser, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
We comply with the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. Through the DAA and Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”), several media and marketing associations have developed an industry self-regulatory program to give consumers a better understanding of, and greater control over, ads that are customized based a consumer’s online behavior across different websites and properties. To make choices about Interest-Based Ads from participating third parties, including to opt-out of receiving behaviorally targeted advertisements from participating organizations, please visit the DAA’s or NAI’s consumer opt-out pages, which are located at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or www.aboutads.info/choices.
Data Security and Retention
We seek to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use and disclosure using appropriate physical, technical, organizational and administrative security measures based on the type of Personal Data and how we are processing that data. You should also help protect your data by appropriately selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism; limiting access to your computer or device and browser; and signing off after you have finished accessing your account. Although we work to protect the security of your account and other data that we hold in our records, please be aware that no method of transmitting data over the internet or storing data is completely secure.
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide you with our Services. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. We may further retain information in an anonymous or aggregated form where that information would not identify you personally.
If you downloaded the Allset app through an app store and created an account, you may be able to delete your account data through the account settings. This will not apply to account information that you have separately shared with Allset, outside of our app.
Personal Data of Children
California Resident Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the rights set forth in this section. Please see the “Exercising Your Rights” section below for instructions regarding how to exercise these rights. Please note that we may process Personal Data of our customers’ end users or employees in connection with our provision of certain services to our customers. If we are processing your Personal Data as a service provider, you should contact the entity that collected your Personal Data in the first instance to address your rights with respect to such data.
You have the right to request certain information about our collection and use of your Personal Data over the past 12 months. In response, we will provide you with the following information:
- The categories of Personal Data that we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which that Personal Data was collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your Personal Data.
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Data.
- The specific pieces of Personal Data that we have collected about you.
If we have disclosed your Personal Data to any third parties for a business purpose over the past 12 months, we will identify the categories of Personal Data shared with each category of third-party recipient. If we have sold your Personal Data over the past 12 months, we will identify the categories of Personal Data sold to each category of third party recipient.
You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Data that we have collected about you. Under the CCPA, this right is subject to certain exceptions: for example, we may need to retain your Personal Data to provide you with the Services or complete a transaction or other action you have requested. If your deletion request is subject to one of these exceptions, we may deny your deletion request.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise your right to know or your right to deletion, you must email your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address associated with your Allset account or call us at (510) - 210 - 1052 and (1) provide sufficient information such as email address and phone number associated with your Allset account and your account name (if applicable) to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected Personal Data, and (2) describe your request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate and respond to it.
Each request that meets both of these criteria will be considered a “Valid Request.” We may not respond to requests that do not meet these criteria. We will only use Personal Data provided in a Valid Request to verify your identity and complete your request. For safety and to otherwise prevent fraud, we may ask that you provide us with additional information that’s reasonably necessary for us to confirm your identity. You do not need an account to submit a Valid Request.
We will work to respond to your Valid Request within 45 days of receipt. We will not charge you a fee for making a Valid Request unless your Valid Request(s) is excessive, repetitive or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that your Valid Request warrants a fee, we will notify you of the fee and explain that decision before completing your request.
You may also authorize an agent (an “Authorized Agent”) to exercise your rights on your behalf. To do this, you must provide your Authorized Agent with written permission to exercise your rights on your behalf, and we may request a copy of this written permission from your Authorized Agent when they make a request on your behalf.
Personal Data Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In
As described in the “Tracking Tools, Advertising and Opt-Out” section above, we have incorporated Cookies from certain third parties into our Services. These Cookies allow those third parties to receive information about your activity on our Services that is associated with your browser or device. Those third parties may use that data to serve you relevant ads on our Services or on other websites you visit. Plus, some sharing of personal information is necessary to connect you with restaurant partners where you have previously placed orders so that they can share exclusive offers with you. Even though Allset does not sell any of your information in the traditional sense of the word, the data-sharing relationship we have with advertising partners and restaurant partners is considered a “sale” under the CCPA (even if no money is exchanged). You can opt out of these sales by following the instructions in this section.
The categories of third parties to whom we sell or disclose your personal information include:
- Restaurant partners;
- Our affiliates;
- Marketing and promotional partners;
- Ad networks and advertising partners.
In the preceding 12 months, we or our service providers may have collected or sold the below categories of personal information:
- Identifiers such as your name, email address and similar identifiers;
- Commercial information such as records of products or services purchased.
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Data. You can opt-out using the following methods:
- You can complete the online form found here: Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
- Email us at email@example.com.
Once you have submitted an opt-out request, we will not ask you to reauthorize the sale of your Personal Data for at least 12 months.
To our knowledge, we do not sell the Personal Data of minors under 16 years of age.
We Will Not Discriminate Against You for Exercising Your Rights Under the CCPA
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. We will not deny you our goods or services, charge you different prices or rates, or provide you a lower quality of goods and services if you exercise your rights under the CCPA. However, we may offer different tiers of our Services as allowed by applicable data privacy laws (including the CCPA) with varying prices, rates or levels of quality of the goods or services you receive related to the value of Personal Data that we receive from you.
Other State Law Privacy Rights
California Resident Rights
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to contact us to prevent disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes; in order to submit such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nevada Resident Rights
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Data to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Data. You can exercise this right by contacting us at email@example.com with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your Personal Data as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.